Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Busta Rhymes, Chamillionaire, E-40

So as crazy-busy as I am I had a concert to go to the Monday after surgery...yep, I had to go!! I mean it was Busta Rhymes, Chamillionaire and E-40!! Really I just wanted to see Busta, but the other two were bonuses (even though I saw E-40 at Summer Jam). My friend Charli bailed on me at the last minute so I asked my awesome neighbor Jill to go with me. She agreed and was as excited as I was to go, so that was cool. The concert was at a strange venue - Denver Coliseum. The place had enough seating for a few thousand people...but there were only about 500 people total. First of all, the tickets cost $50 so I understand why there weren't that many people...then the venue was not that great. It would have been a much better concert if it were at the Gothic, Fillmore or Ogden. However, I am glad that I spent the money, as Busta was freakin' awesome! Not only is he a lyrical genius that spits at speeds most people cannot even comprehend, he is a great showman! He was there with Spliff Star and it was great to see them perform songs from as early on as 1992 (Scenario - Tribe Called Quest). Busta did perform pretty much every mainstream song that he has, including Touch It, Break Yo Neck, Woohaa!! Got You All In Check, Gimme Some More, Make It Clap and Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See. One song I didn't hear was What's It Gonna Be, but he really did need to have Janet there to make it right. He also did a little remix verse for the song Bed by J. Holliday which is one of my favorite songs right now. It made me look at Busta in a whole new light...a sexy light! It was all-in-all a great show and I can't wait for him to come back and play in a more intimate venue!!

Chamillionaire was good too...he was Ridin Dirty! And E-40...he's still trying to get to U and Dat Booty...lol!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!