Monday, September 08, 2008

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Walt Disney World Marathon

I have decided to run a marathon! I know, it's crazy and I am not a runner, but it's to benefit a very good cause - The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. The marathon I am participating in is in Orlando, FL on January 11th and we will be running through Walt Disney World. I will be running the full 26.2 miles with my boyfriend, Brian, and his two friends, Tony and Angela. Angela is a Leukemia survivor and is my inspiration for taking on this endeavor. Training for the marathon starts this week and I'm looking forward to seeing how well I can do. With only 18 weeks of preparation, this is by far one of the hardest things I will ever do - but in thinking of those that have to live with cancer and everything that they have to go through while fighting the disease - this is nothing!!

In addition to running the marathon, I need to collect donations that will benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and will help them find cures for all types of blood cancers. My goal is to collect $5000 by January 5th. If you would like to donate anything to this cause (doesn't matter how much or how little as everything helps), please get in touch with me and I'll give you more info on how you can help out. I will soon have a website up that you can visit directly to make your donation.

Thanks in advance and any notes of encouragement are highly anticipated and gratefully accepted!

Sincerely,
Shea

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!