Saturday, June 16, 2012

32. Eat a Food I've Never Eaten Before - Persimmon



What the heck is a persimmon anyway?  Well, I bought one not really knowing what to do with it and had to google what it was when I got home.  Turns out, a persimmon is a fruit, much like a tomato.  The difference between the two is that a persimmon is slightly sweeter and does not have as many seeds in the middle.  So, what do you do with a persimmon?  I decided to eat it just like a tomato, cutting it into pieces, and I added it to a salad.  It was pretty good, but I don't think I liked it enough to forgo tomatoes altogether.  However, I would like to try it cooked instead of raw next time. 

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!