Tuesday, May 28, 2013

80. Run the Bolder Boulder

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to accomplish another goal - Run the Bolder Boulder!  The Bolder Boulder is a 10K that has happened every year for the last 25 years and winds thru the streets of Boulder, Colorado.  I wanted to do this race because I had never done it before and so many people who live here talk about it being one of their favorite races.  Not to mention, exercising is easier if you have a goal!  I was also fortunate that my friend Megan and fiance Brian also wanted to run it, so I didn't have to go it alone.


Picture of me, Brian and Megan, post-race victory! 

The race went really well, though it was a little on the warm side.  We all stayed together until about mile 5, where I had to walk for minute due to an aggravated knee.  This put my finishing time 3 minutes behind Brian and Megan's time - I finished at 1:05 and they finished at 1:02.  Not bad, especially considering I gave myself an additional 10 minutes to finish prior to starting the race. 

Here's a link to my results:  http://bolderboulder2013.onlineraceresults.com/individual.php?bib=FL261

I would definitely run the Bolder Boulder again - it was a lot of fun and the distance is just about perfect for me!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!