Saturday, July 13, 2013

91. Go on the Durango Alpine Slide

When trying to accomplish one goal, I'm always trying to find ways to tie in other goals.  My "Visit National Parks" goal helped me get down to the Durango area, which in turn helped me get to Durango Mountain Resort where they have an alpine slide. 

I have wanted to ride all the alpine slides in Colorado for awhile now, even before I made this official goals list.  Durango was the last one I needed to ride in order to check this goal off my list.  With nowhere else to be, we stood in line for an hour to go down a pretty short but nonetheless, pretty fun slide. 

The ride up the chair lift with the beautiful view behind me!  Tried to take one of both Brian and I in it, but the two-seat chairlift didn't want to play along.   


Here we are at the top with our sleds and gorgeous vistas! 

Here's a picture of me that I took while going down the slide...good times! 
 
So, now having been on all the slides in Colorado, I can officially say that while they are all different rides, my favorite is the Winter Park slide.  :) 

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!