Tuesday, November 26, 2013

3. Take a Yoga Class

I haven't taken a yoga class since I was in high school and all I remember is that it was challenging and I was sore for about 5 days after...and I was in peak fitness back then!  So to say I was slightly intimidated by the thought of it now, about 16 years later, is an understatement.  That being said, I had to take the bull by the horns and just go for it.  Lucky for me, I have had lots of support from friends during this goal accomplishing time and one of said friends invited me to join her for a class.  Not wanting to put off getting this goal taken care of (and honestly, what better time to start getting in shape than pre-holiday!?), I took her up on the offer! 

I have no idea what the instructor called the type of class we took, but I can tell you it wasn't as bad as I remember it being.  Am I good at it?  Definitely not.  I lack some strength in my arms and core that I could work on to transition thru the poses better.  Am I bad at it?  Definitely not.  But I also don't plan on being a yogi anytime soon so that doesn't really matter.  I guess all that really matters is that I can say I did it and that I would do it again.

A big thanks to Racheal for giving me the motivation to sign up and "get 'er done" and also a big thanks to Monica for letting me talk her into doing it with us!  She was a trooper and I hope she had a good time too!  :)   

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!