Tuesday, November 26, 2013

63. Learn Calligraphy

In choosing this goal, I actually thought it was going to be really easy to do.  Turns out, not so much.  Calligraphy isn't like typing, where once you learn to do it, you know how to do it and that's it.  You actually have to learn different styles of font, how to make different strokes, how to use different pens/inks and how to have patience.  I wanted to start learning how to do this because I've always been artsy and I've always had great penmanship.  I practiced using a book and lined paper and eventually got brave enough to go ahead and put my learned skills to the test on my wedding invitations.  Here is a sample of my beginner's calligraphy:



While I was happy with the way they turned out, I also realize that this skill will continue to be developed.  Therefore, the goal of "learn calligraphy" is inevitably an ongoing pursuit.  I will count this as being completed for the purpose of this list, knowing that I will need to refine my skills and keep practicing until I've perfected the techniques.  Eventually I would like to use it in some art work and am looking forward to when I can do that! 

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!