Sunday, December 09, 2007

Vail Snowdaze

I just had one of the best weekends ever! I just got back from Vail Snowdaze where I got to see Ludacris and The Roots perform. I had been planning this weekend for months and I couldn't have asked for it to have been any better! Everything just came together nicely...

On Friday afternoon, My Favorite Guy and I headed into the mountains where we had a fun-filled 48 hours. We started off in Frisco. We decided to rent a room as we were going skiing on Saturday morning at one of the nearby ski resorts - Arapahoe Basin, Keystone or Breckinridge. So that night we drank some vodka, listened to music and chilled in the room. We had to save our energy for skiing...or at least I did. So we got up the next morning and decided to head to Keystone. I was very nervous! (I hadn't been skiing in over 10 years and the last place I went was Deer Mtn.) So we got booted up and headed towards the lifts. I liked the lift. I especially liked that my boss made me take ski goggles! It was snowing and windy for most of the day and that would have been crappy on the eyes. It was an awesome morning of skiing! I ended up doing really well on the slopes. I think I only wrecked a total of 5 times and that included when I went down the moguls - which by the way were very scary and I can't believe I made it! I did have the goal of a hot FG waiting for me when I was done...and I got a hug so that helped! All-in-all I've decided I like skiing, it's very exhausting but very fun! Definitely headed back up the mountain soon!
Photobucket

So at about 1:30 we headed towards Vail. I had rented a room at the Vail Cascade Resort & Spa for the night. It was probably the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in! Everything was perfect...they gave you a robe to wear, the towels were big, the pillows were fluffy, the bed was soft, there were real glasses, a good radio...the list goes on and on. Anyway, so we get washed up and away we go to the concert. The line into the concert was ridiculous! However, once we got inside it had a very cool vibe. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was held outdoor and it was snowing when the show started. It was actually pretty awesome being in ski gear at a concert - and one of the best decisions we made as we stayed warm all night! I can't say I've ever been to a concert where it snowed and was twenty degrees out. So, when Luda came out it had just stopped snowing. He was just as awesome as he was at SummerJam! I have to say, he is a great showman and I enjoy his concerts. He entertains!! Everybody was hyped and into the music, it was great! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Another plus was that FG passed the Luda test and got down with me. I didn't see him give me any weird looks so I think I passed his test too. After Luda, The Roots played...they were also very impressive! I do have to say that I liked their vibe better when I saw them at the Fillmore, but they are astonishing musicians to be able to play their instruments in the cold! We were pretty buzzed up when the show ended and needed some food, so we walked back towards Vail Village.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We took a pic by the Xmas tree and walked around a little bit looking at stuff and for a place to eat. We found out that the only place to get food after 10pm in the Village is Vendetta's. It's really good pizza so it was a good fix! We were pretty spent from the day so we headed back to the room where we proceeded to have the fluffiest sleep ever! :-) No really, the beds were so great!!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!