Thursday, January 12, 2012

30. Create 12 New Blogs: Blog #1 - Pac Man Wall

Date Started:  January 12, 2012
Status:  1/12 Blogs to Write

For my 30th birthday party, I wanted to have a kickass theme.  Of course that means I chose The 80's!  Since this was a big milestone for me, I went all out.  The invite was totally bitchin' and the peeps had to come in 80's threads or they would be totally harshed on!  I also decided that I was going to decorate the house in theme and that meant, a Pac Man wall.  My supplies included black and blue electrical tape, clear push pins, two black plastic tablecloths, yellow sale stickers, and I had a color printer available.

I started by hanging two black tablecloths on my wall using clear push pins.  The tableclothes were taped together with black electrical tape at the seams. 


From there I used white chalk and plotted out the diagram of the game that I wanted to do.  I did this by dividing everything into squares.  After I got the initial outline, I started free flowing and applying blue electrical tape and yellow dot stickers.  I had to cut the blue tape in half length-wise to get it to the right thickness.  I also switched back and forth to each side while taping, trying to get it as symmetrical as possible. 


I continued on for about 3 days until I got here:


One I was able to put the outline of the game board on, the rest was easy!  It was like decorating a cake.  I will admit, I cheated on the ghosts, cherry, strawberry and numbers, but I did do all the cutting out myself.  I basically found the best authentic image I could on the internet, made it the size I wanted it to be and printed it.  I trimmed each picture down to size and glued it to the game board. 



I also customized the high score and game score to show my age and birthday.  It proved to be a great background to some totally awesome pics!

1 comment:

Ben Anderson said...

And completely blew my mind when I saw it! Pretty cool to see some pictures of the birth of the masterpiece..

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!