Friday, December 28, 2012

52. Colorado Christmas With the Family

We did it!  We survived a Colorado Christmas with my family.  My sisters, their significant others, my 2 nieces and my nephew were able to join us this Christmas and we had a great time!  Of course we had somewhat of an agenda to make sure that we weren't all bored to death for 4 straight days.  The first day, we went to a place called JumpStreet and we jumped around and got crazy with the kiddos.  It was a lot of fun and we will definitely go back there again! 

Everybody's Jumping Around!

The next day's activity was my niece Taylor's 2 Year Birthday party.  We celebrated by having our neighbors over and chowing down on lasagna and cake.  I luckily had about an hour to myself earlier in the day so I was able to get the house decorated while everyone was last minute shopping and taking naps.  When they all saw the decor, it made it a little more special for them as it was a good surprise for everybody.  We opted to leave the decor up, minus the Happy Birthday signs, for the rest of the weekend. 

On Christmas Eve day, we tried to take it easy and relax a little in anticipation of the Big Guy's arrival that night.  We watched movies and later in the day we made Christmas cookies for Santa.  We separated into 3 teams for cookie making - Team Peanut Butter, Team Gingerbread and Team Sugar Cookie.  That turned out to be a great way to do it as each kid got 2 adults to help them and we all got to be involved.  The cookies turned out pretty yummy but we discovered the best way to eat them was to mix the gingerbread with the sugar cookie and bake together.  We will definitely be making cookies for Santa again!  We opened our presents on Christmas Eve, after an awesome dinner of Indian Tacos (which all of the kids ate faster than any other meal thru the weekend!)  The following morning, the kids opened the presents Santa left for them and away they all went, back to South Dakota.  All in all, it was a great holiday and I hope that we were able to start building our own traditions and that we can keep them alive as we all grow up and grow older. 

Colorado Christmas - Our Family

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!