Friday, December 28, 2012

64. Bake Christmas Cookies

I didn't realize how many of my goals could be accomplished in one holiday weekend, but it makes me feel good to be checking some things off my list, especially as my first year comes near it's end.  As of today, I've "used up" 362 days of 1,001 days, which leaves me with 639 days to finish the goals on this list.  (Is it sick that I've already started my next 101 goals list??) 

Back to the completed goal - Bake Christmas Cookies!  The reason this goal is on my list is not because I've never done it before.  I was lucky enough to have a good friend invite me to her house to make cookies a few years ago and I had so much fun with her, I've been dying to do it again, but make it more of a tradition.  With the sisters, bro-in-laws and nieces in nephews in town for Christmas, I couldn't think of a better time to do it, especially since Santa needed some cookies anyways. 

So we split into 3 teams:
Team Peanut Butter - Ashlee, Casey and Taylor
Team Gingerbread - Niki, Justin and Tate
Team Sugar Cookie - Shea, Brian and Joey

Joey didn't really want to be on our team, but she wisened up when she realized she was going to get to crack the eggs and do more on our team than if she went with her mom and brother.  We all worked pretty hard on mixing our oil and water into our pre-made cookie mix (scratch baking will have to come another year, we don't have the patience for that right now).  When we were done, each team was in charge of their batches going in and out of the oven.  The PB team was the first to get a batch done, followed quickly by team Sugar and then by team Ginger.  We used the sugar cookie and gingerbread dough to make shapes with cookie cutters so the kids could use sprinkles and frosting and really do it up.  They also each made a special cookie for Santa.  It was a lot of fun and it really brought us all a little closer! 

Joey's Cookies

Tate's Cookies

Taylor's Cookies - and she was so excited, this is her way of saying "cheese", haha!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!