Saturday, December 29, 2012

87. Go on a Dessert Date

This is a continuation from goal 55. Go Ice Skating...so if you want the full story, you've got to read both posts. 

After we were done with our engagement pictures, we went home and popped open some champagne to celebrate.  Brian's original intention during this "break" was to cook us surf and turf which was also a surprise to me.  Unfortunately, we weren't very hungry as we had a large lunch so we postponed that dinner and had it the next evening.  I was very happy to just hang out and sip champagne with my love, however he informed me that the day was not over and that he had one more surprise in store for me. 

We headed towards downtown and as we were driving past all the storefronts, we passed a certain one that tipped me off to what we were doing.  We were going on a Dessert Date at DBar!  And our friends Ben and Megan , along with Ben's brother Elijah, were meeting us there!  At this point, nobody knew about our engagement as we were going to try to keep it a secret until Dave could edit a picture for us.  Brian asked me if we should announce it to them or let them figure it out.  I opted for B, let them figure it out.  I was wearing my ring, so it shouldn't have been too difficult.

This being a dessert date, we had dessert first and then decided to have some savory morsels after.  I ordered "Smashing Pumpkins" which was a fancy pumpkin cheesecake.  Brian ordered D=MC squared which was a presentation of chocolate with peanut butter served 3 different ways.  Both desserts were very good, very rich and very worth it! 

Picture of me eating my dessert and wearing my new engagement ring :) 

Picture of Smashing Pumpkins, partially eaten

Picture of D=MC Squared, partially eaten

After dessert, we each had dinner which ended up being way too much food.  As we wrapped up the evening, Megan had finally noticed my ring and had been giving me looks for about 20 minutes before Brian asked her what the furrowed brow was for.  She mentioned my new sparkly bauble on my hand and at that moment, we revealed we were engaged!  I recounted the story for them as we left the restaurant and we hugged them goodbye as they sent us on our way with well wishes and warm fuzzies.  All in all, this date was a sweet treat indeed! 

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!