Monday, February 03, 2014

51. Visit Brian's hometown of Hornell, New York

This was actually a goal I didn't think I was going to accomplish as we have a huge honeymoon coming up that is taking all of my vacation time this year.  Unfortunately, we ended up having to go back to Hornell, New York due to a loss in Brian's family and I was fortunate enough to be able to get bereavement time since it was a close family member.  On the trip back to Hornell, I met lots of interesting people and we were able to spend some quality time with both of Brian's parents.  In our down time Brian cruised us around and showed me the local sights like the World Famous Canisteo Living Sign, the cabin he grew up with on Big Creek Road and of course, Wegman's - the true highlight of the trip, where we purchased Wise potato chips, fresh cheese curds and I snagged an awesome Hornell Red Raiders souvenir t-shirt!  We stayed with his dad and step-mom and it was neat to fill in that blank with him!

Here we are on our date to Wegman's!

Click on this link to see a picture of the Canisteo Living Sign:

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!