Monday, February 03, 2014

50. Visit Niagara Falls

While back in the upstate New York area with Brian, I was able to talk him (and his dad) into going to Niagara Falls.  It was a pretty blustery day and some of the falls were frozen, though mainly the American side.  The main portion of the falls on the Canadian side were still roaring and were quite spectacular.  It looked a bit like the arctic tundra and you could hear the ice crackling and popping which was neat.  The next time we visit, if there is one, we will definitely go when it's warmer, we will buy ponchos and ride the Maiden of the Mist and we will likely stay the night so that we can see the falls lit up at night.  Nonetheless, I enjoyed our visit! 

Here are some pictures from our visit:




No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!