Monday, February 03, 2014

76. Go to Brian's college town, Buffalo, New York

Of course, if we're going to drive from Hornell, NY to Niagara Falls, we had to go through Buffalo, NY.  This gave us a reason to do 2 things that we really wanted to do:  (1) Visit Brian's alma mater of the University of Buffalo and pick up some collegiate gear (2) Eat at the Anchor Bar - Home of the Original Buffalo Wings!  I was definitely more excited about the 2nd point, but had to be patient as that was my reward for visiting his college. 

As I waited for my hot wings, I was really excited but I read Yelp to make sure I kept my expectations in check.  I'm glad I did that as it allowed me to start eating my wings with low expectations and then getting to raise them with each awesome wing I ate.  The only thing I would say negative about the experience (besides the fact that I wish we weren't driving so we could've had a couple more beers) is that they could have been a little spicier.  All in all though, great wings and didn't let me down a bit!  Here's a picture I took of the outside...I didn't get a picture of the wings as we were too busy mauling them to care! 

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!