Monday, February 03, 2014

71. Take a Ballroom Dance Class and 72. Take a Latin Dance Class

For our wedding, Brian and decided we didn't want to just sway back and forth for 4 long minutes, so instead we opted to take dance lessons.  Not only was I thrilled that he wanted to take them with me, but we had a groupon that allowed us to do it for a great price ($49 for 4 lessons)!  We took the lessons at the Arthur Murray Dance Studio in Englewood and had a blast getting to know our instructor, other students...and most importantly each other.  We learned dances such as the two-step, rumba and fox trot and combined them to make our own special wedding dance. 

While I'm the first to admit that dancing is not as easy as it looks on Dancing With the Stars, I will also say we weren't too bad for first-timers!  The hardest part about it was picking the song we wanted to dance to!  Our finalists were:  Just Comes Natural by George Strait, Free by Zac Brown Band and Wagon Wheel by either Old Crow Medicine Show or Darius Rucker.  We danced to all of them in the comfort of our living room before deciding on Wagon Wheel by Darius Rucker.  We chose that song because of a couple reasons - we liked the up tempo beat it had and it was still a significant song for us as our first concert together was OCMS.  We practiced and practiced and practiced, even dancing one last time the night before our wedding in our bedroom.  I think the end result was fabulous and I hope to be able to remember some of our sweet dance moves for future dances!

Here are some pictures of us during our first dance as a married couple:





Photos courtesy of David Lynn Photography, Denver, Colorado

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!