Monday, July 24, 2006

Mondays

Don't you hate it when it's about 7 or 8pm on a Sunday night and the reality of "tomorrow's Monday" slaps you in the face!? Well, I do, and that's exactly what happened to me yesterday. I had a very long-short weekend, if that makes any sense.

My younger sister, Niki, was in town from Rapid City, SD on Saturday. She came down with some girlfriends that were going to the O.A.R. concert. She and one of her friends, Natalie, decided not to go as they didn't know the band very well and didn't have the cash to spend on a ticket. So, Jeremy (my long-term boytoy) and I cruised downtown to meet up with them for some drinks. Our friends, Kahlan and Mike, also met up with us - on a side note, they would be perfect together but there are circumstances that keep them apart :-( So, we ended up closing down the bar - I haven't done that in quite some time, but they're 21 so they probably do it every weekend! Isn't it sad to realize how old you're getting! Anyways, we ended up cruising back home and passing out around 3:30am...a late night for me!

Yesterday I woke up way too early, but the sis was up so we hung out in my living room and watched pointless shows on MTV while our mushy brains tried to suck in some oxygen and start functioning. We went to lunch at Panera - a favorite when I'm hungover - and took them to meet up with their other girlfriends so they could head back to SoDak. I love hanging out with my family but I get so damn lonesome when they leave!

Yesterday was also the 8-year anniversary of dating Jer. I can't believe we have been together for that long already! He is awesome, so the years have flown by...though I will admit these last couple years as just boyfriend/girlfriend have been difficult. Only because every freaking person I know is getting engaged and married...and now their starting to have kids! I'm still working on the getting engaged part! And while I realize that I am lucky to have found a great person, I am frustrated with how slow he is being at making it permanent...what's a girl to do other than wait or give an ultimatum? Personally I find ultimatums stupid and silly and I love this guy and think it would be dumb of me to throw it all away just because he hasn't put a ring on my finger...but when do I draw the line? Any advice on this matter is always appreciated.

Anyways, so we were supposed to go to dinner, but we ended up taking a 3 hour nap and didn't want to do much after that. We settled for home-made chicken noodle soup instead. All-in-all, I'd say it was a pretty good weekend...but damn Monday sucks! More specific reasons for Monday sucking will follow maybe this afternoon or tomorrow...

3 comments:

HelloBettyLou said...

Not everyone is getting married, but everyone at the office is pregnant and who wants that? Seriously. You have a great guy who loves you and who is employed (2 pluses in my book). Count thy blessings.

sheashedeed said...

Thanks BettyLou! I need to be reassured every now and then that everything is normal and that it will all work out in the end! And don't worry, you'll find the right guy too...I've got my eyes out for you!

HelloBettyLou said...

Thanks sugar

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Loved growing up there and am a little sad that my theoretical kids won't be able to grow up there - unless, God forbid, I move back. I moved away for college to Omaha, NE. I went to Creighton University. Great education, great professors - not a good place for young people with an itch for action! I moved to Denver in August of 2004 and love it! I recommend that all people live in at least one other place besides their hometown - the world is so full of opportunities, we just have to move out of comfort zones!